The tasting room is a great opportunity for beginning an ongoing relationship with future customers.
When you think about it, some of your best “future customers” are walking through those doors every day. The tasting room is a great opportunity for developing an ongoing relationship with these prospects. Are you taking full advantage?
- Do you provide easily accessible flyers outlining the benefits of membership?
- Do your tasting room staff enthusiastically promote the club?
- Have your member benefits been well thought out and are they consistent with your brand image? Some common member benefits include:
- volume-based discounts
- limited time discounts on re-orders of the wines included in a recent shipment
- pre-release notification
- member events
- winemaker dinners
- members only area on premises
Do you use the opportunity for building your mailing list? Because there is no financial commitment involved, a prospect who is not ready to sign up for your club today may be more than happy to sign up for your mailing list if given the proper incentive. Some examples might include:
- a discount on wines purchased that day
- complimentary tasting
- notices of new releases and special events
- a fun and informative newsletter
Do you immediately follow up with recent tasting room visitors? Frequent communication is key to keeping members and subscribers current and engaged and may provide the inspiration you need to turn subscribers into members and members into lifelong advocates of your brand.
Source: eWinery Solutions